Have you protected your copyright yet? Copyright piracy is estimated to cost millions every year. Before letting anyone see your work, make sure you've registered your work for copyright protection. For more information, click here.
So then, how should we love our wives?
Here is a little list to get you started. Feel free to add toilet seats and toothpaste caps as needed.
All the supporting Scripture for what I am going to say is written below.
1. We should be willing to die for them just as Christ died for the church.
2. We should love them as much as we love ourselves.
3. We should care for them just as Christ does the church.
4. We should leave the union with our parents and form a new union with her.
5. We should be patient with her,
6. Kind to her
7. Do not envy her (maybe she has the better job – get over it).
8. Do not boast to her out of our own pride – remembering that she is a full partner with you.
9. Never be rude to her.
10. Do not seek only the things that make you happy.
11. Don’t be quick to anger or keep a list of everything you think she did wrong.
12. Do not delight in evil but rejoice in the truth as this sets a good example.
13. Always trust, protect, preserve her and hope for the best.
14. Be considerate and treat them with respect.
If you truly love her that list is a piece of cake, because love never fails. God did not create women and grant us to take them as wives to be used as slaves, toys, possessions, punching bags, things to curse or scream at and certainly not as objects of emotional torment. What could be a greater gift than to have someone to share everything with, a soul mate, and an equal partner in your life that will strive with you to a common goal? Just try it on for size and I believe you’ll find that when she’s happy, she tends to make you happy in return.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church- 30 for we are members of his body. 31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32 This is a profound mystery-but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. (NIV)
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. (NIV)
1 John 3:16
16 This is how we know what love is : Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. (NIV)
19 Husbands , love your wives and do not be harsh with them. (NIV)
1 Peter 3:7
7 Husbands , in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. (NIV)